MIT graduate residences are vibrant, collaborative places that offer a variety of choices to meet the needs of graduate students and their families, all located a short walk from campus. Explore what the MIT graduate residence experience can offer you.
Benefits of Living on Campus
Choice - MIT offers a variety of housing options to give graduate students and their families more choice. Kendall Square, the main group of campus buildings, and most labs are just a short walk, bike or shuttle ride away from our graduate residences.
Convenience - One bill for everything: our on-campus rental costs include utilities such as electricity, heat, and hot water. Access to the MIT network and internet are included, and all of our residence halls offer wi-fi and ethernet connections.
Community - Be a part of the graduate community and make lasting connections! All residents will have opportunities to get involved in our community, as well as fun and engaging campus activities.
at Site 4
Opening during the 2020-2021 academic year, the new graduate student residence tower will provide 454 apartments including 2-bedroom and 1-bedroom units that are prioritized for families, and efficiencies for single students. It provides a host of common areas including quiet study spaces, a family lounge, a playroom, terraces, and multipurpose rooms. The building is anchored by a podium that will house community, academic, and office space, as well as a childcare facility, which serves the entire MIT community and features an outdoor playground area that resident families can use.learn more
Our residences: choice, convenience, and community
We have a variety of options available for single students, couples, and those with children.
70 AmherstDetails >
Located on the east side of campus, 70 Amherst Street is a furnished living community comprised of mostly single bedrooms with shared kitchens and community bathrooms, and a few single bedroom apartments. It also has a few single bedroom apartments, some of which are designated for couples.
Ashdown HouseDetails >
Located in the northwest corridor, Ashdown House features a mix of furnished apartment and suite-style units for one, two, or three occupants. The courtyard is home to an active Community Garden that allows residents to maintain their own gardens outdoors.
The Graduate Tower at Site 4Details >
Our newest residence offers partially furnished two-bedroom units that will be prioritized for students with children, and furnished one-bedroom and efficiency apartments. It features an array of amenities and a prime location in Kendall Square.
Edgerton HouseDetails >
Edgerton House is a converted warehouse that features a range of apartment-style units for one, two, three, or four occupants. Each room in every unit is distinct. It is located in the northwest section of campus. It is an unfurnished residence located in the northwest section of campus with some units designated for couples.
Located in the northwest section of campus, Sidney-Pacific features a mix of furnished apartment- and suite-style units for one, two, or four occupants. Some units are designated for couples. It is divided into four wings and features an outdoor courtyard and large patio with barbecue grills.
Tang HallDetails >
This living community features furnished apartment-style units for two, three, and four occupants. Located on the west end of campus, many of the rooms at Tang Hall offer views of the Charles River and the Boston skyline.
The WarehouseDetails >
The Warehouse features one-occupant, furnished efficiency apartments.First-year graduate students are prioritized in this building. Every apartment possesses at least one wall of exposed brick. The building is located in the northwest section of campus.
Westgate ApartmentsDetails >
One of two family residences at MIT, Westgate is located on the west end of campus.It is a five-building complex featuring a range of unfurnished apartment-style units to accommodate graduate student students with children. Some efficiency units are available to single students.
Welcome to the neighborhood
See what the MIT campus has to offer in the map below.
- 70 Amherst
- Ashdown House
- The Graduate Tower at Site 4
- Edgerton House
- Tang Hall
- The Warehouse
- Westgate Apartments
- The Main Group
Points of Interest
- Show All
- Restaurants & Cafes
- Parks & Recreation
- Arts & Entertainment
- Shopping & Services
points of interest
Restaurants & Cafes
- Starbucks 2 Cambridge Ct >
- Za Cambridge 350 Third St >
- Tatte Bakery & Cafe 101 Main St >
- Dunkin' 1 Broadway >
- Shy Bird 390 Third St >
- EVOO 350 Third St >
- Glass House 450 Kendall St >
- Catalyst 300 Technology Square >
- Area Four 500 Technology Square >
- Cafe Luna 612 Main St >
- Flour Bakery 190 Mass Ave >
- Roxy's 292 Mass Ave >
- Meadhall 4 Cambridge Center >
- Fuji at Kendall 300 Third St >
- Clover Food Lab 5 Cambridge Center >
- Starbucks 120 Broadway >
- Oath Pizza 181 Mass Ave >
- Flour Bakery 40 Erie St >
Parks & Recreation
- Charles River Canoe and Kayak 15 Broad Canal Way >
- Seager Trailhead Memorial Drive >
- MIT Sailing Pavilion 134 Memorial Dr >
- Killian Court 222 Memorial Dr >
- Saxon Tennis Courts Ames St >
- Alumni Pool and Wang Fitness Center 32 Vassar St >
- MIT Outdoor Tennis Courts 133 Amherst Alley >
- Briggs Field 250 Vassar St >
- Johnson Ice Rink 77 Mass Ave >
- Rockwell Cage 120 Vassar St >
- Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center 120 Vassar St >
- DuPont Athletic Gymnasium 120 Mass Ave >
- Hockfield Court More information >
- Kendall Square Roof Garden 325 Main St >
- Loughrey Walkway And Bike Path More information >
- Danny Lewin Park 130 Broadway >
- Charles River Bike Path More information >
Arts & Entertainment
- Landmark Cinema 355 Binney St >
- Kresge Auditorium 48 Mass Ave >
- Central Square Theater 450 Mass Ave >
- ImprovBoston 40 Prospect St >
- Hart Nautical Gallery 55 Mass Ave >
- MIT List Visual Arts Center 20 Ames St >
- Koch Institute Public Galleries 500 Main St >
- MIT Museum 265 Mass Ave >
- MIT Museum (Future Location) 314 Main St >
- Champions 50 Broadway >
Shopping & Services
- Brothers Marketplace 1 Broadway >
- H Mart 581 Mass Ave >
- Whole Foods Market 115 Prospect St >
- Whole Foods Market 340 River St >
- Trader Joe's 748 Memorial Dr >
- MIT Chapel 48 Mass Ave >
- Kendall Flower Shop 96 Ames St >
- MIT Cooperative 80 Broadway >
- MIT Federal Credit Union Technology Square >
- USPS 84 Mass Ave >
- Cambridge Trust 415 Main St >
- Eastern Bank 287 Third St >
- Clevergreen Cleaners 314 Third St >
- Alpha Cleaners 84 Mass Ave >
- Walgreens Pharmacy 625 Massachusetts Ave >
- CVS Pharmacy 624 Mass Ave >
- Target 564 Mass Ave >
- Kendall Press 1 Main St >
- MIT Furniture Exchange 350 Brookline St >
- FedEx 600 Technology Square >
- Cambridge Bicycle 259 Mass Ave >